6 Simple Ways To Teach Children Mindfulness
Mindfulness helps children improve their abilities to focus, to calm down when they are upset, and make better decisions. You can help teach mindfulness by integrating these simple techniques into your daily routine.
- Link body sensations to emotions, such as when you feel excited you get a flutter in your belly.
- Use a paintbrush to paint ‘waves’, do the brush stoke up when you are breathing in, and brushstroke down when you are breathing out. It helps children to understand how to focus on the breath.
- Move, stretch, and notice body sensations, Cosmic Yoga Kids on Youtube is fabulous for getting children into yoga.
- Talk about your surroundings, ask children what they notice about their environment, even if you are queuing in a supermarket.
- Eat a mindful snack and talk about the taste and texture, make sure there are no other distractions when you are eating.
- Go on a slow nature walk, and notice the small insects and creatures on the ground.