WHATS IN A BOX
Our boxes contain various craft and art based activities that have been designed to help children with their emotions, process change, and become happier in the present moment.
The boxes activities are based around art therapy, mindfulness and positive psychology.
Positive psychology focuses on the positive events and influences in life, including:
- Positive experiences (like happiness, joy, inspiration, and love)
- Positive states and traits (like gratitude, resilience and compassions)
By supporting children to focus on positive experiences and help them understand their emotions - they will develop a more positive mindset which helps them break the cycle of worry and anxiety.
Children will get the therapeutic benefits of our boxes if parents/carers are able to encourage discussion whilst they are doing the activity, this helps children open up. The discussion points are included as activities.
Our craft wellbeing box help children understand how to:
- Cope with change and uncertainty
- Be aware and happy with their surroundings
- Be grateful for things around them
- Practise being still and calm
- How to focus on the small great things
- Use meditation to clear busy thoughts
- Help your mind and body work together in harmony
- Creating an environment to feel calm
- Use Yoga to energise the body and calm the mind
- How to break the cycle of worry and anxiety
Here are examples of activities in our boxes
- Sun Paper Prints
- Cloud Art
- Zen Wooden Mobile
- Nature Potpourri
- Family & Friend Bunting
- Create your own dragon
- Zen Den
- Salute The Sun
- Create your own Mandala
- Rainbow Cards
- Gratitude Tree
- Wave breathes
- Nature crowns
- Homemade Lanterns
The activities can be done inside or outside the home, so you don't need a garden. All craft items, instructions and activity sheets are included.
Our boxes are fun and age appropriate and have the added benefit of helping your child's mindset!